Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Panic Attacks Are Very Real

What Panic Attacks Have Taught

I didn't understand what a panic attack was until I had one 4 months ago on August 17th 2019, I was at home taking my vitamins when I felt my blood pressure go through the roof I didn't feel well and my body collapsed and I felt a tingling sensation in my left arm I felt I was either having a heart attack or a stroke my mother checked my blood pressure and it was 160 over 100 and my plus was 109 I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep and I lost 20 lbs, I couldn't really swallow anything and I had acid re flux for a week. 

I went to urgent care the next day and did a check up with the doctor they ran tests, my blood, urine and EKG and Ultra sound by the grace of God I came out okay my Doctor told me I didn't have a stroke or a heart attack what I had was a panic attack that can mimic physical symptoms, he advised me to do lifestyle changes and to manage my stress which I did. 

Since then I understand what a panic attack is and how to deal with it and to better mange it, I have been getting mental and psychological help for the past 4 years and my therapist told me the same thing it was caused by psychological shift in my mind which I was moving on but my mind was scared because it was different and my mind and subconscious was going back and forth and it triggered the panic attack and its common for people of mental and sexual abuse and those with PTSD. 

I have a lot of compassion and empathy towards those who surfer from this condition its very real and it deeply effects people that go through on a daily basis, many don't know what to do and it can be very scary and very real because your thoughts give you endless threats and irrational fear of dying or impeding doom. 

To those who suffer from Panic and Anxiety attacks I feel you and understand what you are going through you're not alone and don't feel stigmatized by society because they don't understand what they don't know its a disorder like any other disorder and there needs to be compassion and understanding, people don't want to feel this way its not a good feeling and its not seeking attention or acting out its a very real thing. Just build a network where people understand you and have compassion and empathy and always seek the help of a counselor and have a healthy and productive lifestyle through diet, exercise and stress management.   



No comments:

Post a Comment